How can you create your own spa day? Here are some ideas for Mom's personal spa day at home.
1) Facial - Starting at the top you can give yourself a nice facial. You can make your own natural facial products using things from around the house like baking soda, lemon juice, olive oil, jojoba oil, witch hazel, glycerin honey, castile soap and even plain yogurt. If you have the time to make your own products you can find a few recipes here:
Most of us don't have that kind of time so we look for all-natural products for our facial care. Here are some product favorites from leading online retailers.
- Maximize your facial cleansing: Olay Professional Pro-x Cleansing System
- Renew and rejuvenate your skin: American Crew Facial Cleanser 33.8 oz
- Exfoliate dead skin cells: BriteLeafs 4-in-1 Electric Facial & Body Brush Spa Cleaning System (BL-802)
- Close pores and prevent bacteria: Pangea Organics Facial Toner, French Rosemary With Sweet Orange, 4-Ounce
- Keeping your face hydrated: Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion
- Anti-aging cream: DermaE Natural Bodycare - Deep Wrinkle Reverse Crème with Peptides2 oz
- Acne treatment: Malin + Goetz Acne Treatment-0.5 oz
2) Mani-Pedi - When your feet and hands feel good, so do you. Not everyone has the financial resources to go have this done once a week, or even once a month. An affordable way to take care of your feet and hands so they are soft and healthy looking is to find products you can use to do it yourself. Some examples include the following.
- Pamper your hands and feet with this trial sized kit from Burt's Bees - Tips and Toes Kit
- No one should be without their own manicure kit at home like this one: P&L 0pc Face and Manicure/pedicure Set Brief Case Clippers Tweezers Nail Care, Leather Travel & Grooming Kit
- Get baby soft feet with this popular and easy to use device: Emjoi Micro-Pedi Callus Remover
- Polish your nails the easy way with this kit; As Seen on TV Hot Designs Nail Art Basic Kit
3) Bath/Shower - A nice warm bath with the right ingredients will help you to relax, detox, and relieve stress and tension. This is something everyone should do at least a couple of times a week. If you suffer with insomnia, a warm bath is a good way to calm your nerves and help you sleep. The following products will help you with a variety of healthy bathing or shower options.
- Relax while you detox in a hot bath with this product: Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Soaking Solution, Lavender, 48 Ounce
- Instead of lying your head on a hard tub, use this pillow: Luxury Spa Bath Pillow Large
- Turn your bathtub into a spa with one of these bubbly additions: HoMedics BA-M200 Body Bubbles Bath Spa or Whirlpool Bathtub Jet Spa with Adjustable Massage From Gentle Bubbles to Powerful Jet Stream which is less expensive.
- Make your shower a spa shower with shower fizzy tabs: Aura Cacia Eucalyptus Shower Tablets
These are things you can do at home when you have some alone time to relax, relieve stress, and feel like yourself again until your next personal spa day at home. The products are of high quality, with good ratings and reviews from users. I personally own and use some of these products and can vouch for their effectiveness. If you want something that covers almost everything for your spa day a spa basket like the Spicy Warm Vanilla Spa Bath Body Bamboo Gift Basket by Furniture Creations.
One final note: Always remember to put on some relaxing music to melt away your cares and worries.